BoJack Horseman is a Netflix original animated series that tells the story of a washed-up equine actor named BoJack Horseman (Will Arnett), his memoirist Diane Nguyen (Alison Brie), his cat agent Princess Carolyn (Amy Sedaris), his pothead roommate Todd Chavez (Aaron Paul), and his good-natured nemesis Mr. Peanutbutter (Paul F. Tompkins). It is both hilarious and full of jokes you probably didn’t even see because they went by so fast. Below, please find a list of these jokes, for your chuckling convenience:
1. Person magazine, TV Guru, and Eighteen.
“7 Reasons Your Skin Is Gross” may actually be a feature in Seventeen.
2. Plus the album Trot This Way.
3. The author blurb on the back of Diane’s Secretariat biography.
“Diane currently lives in Los Angeles with a dog.” I mean, sure.
4. LOOK AT HER EMAIL ADDRESS
Who has AOL anymore, nguyenistheloneliestnumber?
5. The igloo picture!
Pinky the penguin is getting in touch with his roooooots. This is a joke, of course, because emperor penguins live in Antarctica, not the Arctic, and anyway, Pinky (Patton Oswalt) is from Cleveland.
6. Princess Carolyn drinks catnip tea.
Gettin’ that buzz.
7. Princess Carolyn reads Birdo magazine.
8. There is an Angelfish billboard in the background…
Please see Angelyne.
9. People shop at Lululemming.
The mannequins are lemmings.
10. Presumably you saw the elephant urinating in the crocodile’s mouth outside Elefante.
But take an extra moment to appreciate the crocodile’s hands.
11. Sticky Pink is the grossest possible name for a cotton candy cart.
If you’re taking that as a dare, by all means, tell me a grosser one.
12. There’s a yappin’ logo in the car.
Yap your maw off.
13. That tattoo says “Me gusta.”
Think about that.
14. This guy’s tattoo says “HABLO ESPANHOL.”
The other guy’s neck tattoo says “guapo.” Conceited much, neck tattoo guy?
15. That muffin has a top hat!
Not really a joke, just super cute.
16. “The Misprints”
A classic horror punk band.
17. “Has-been hates troops, looks fat”
18. Mr. Peanutbutter is drinking out of a dog bowl.
WITH AN ORANGE SLICE ON THE RIM.
19. One of the con artists is trying to con the bird who’s blackmailing BoJack.
He had it coming.
20. Princess Carolyn’s treadmill neighbors are inspiring and the opposite.
What is a sloth doing on a treadmill anyway, I ask you. Also, the little mouse she’s chasing! Honestly, P.C. might be more motivated by a laser pointer.
21. The news anchor is named Tom Jumbo-Grumbo.
Definitely naming my whale that.
22. Behind Neal McBeal the Navy SEAL is a rabbit buying CARROTS.
23. No one in Los Angeles can tell Jons and Vons apart. In BoJack, you don’t have to.
Welcome to J’VON’S. Check out the meerkats.
24. The ticker tape on MSNBSea is a cry for help.
“I WANTED TO WRITE NOVELS, YOU KNOW.”
25. Outside Princess Carolyn’s office is a headshot of Jon Ham.
26. In addition to her scratching post, Princess Carolyn has catnip on her desk.
Is it appropriate for the workplace? Maybe in the high-flying world of celebrity representation.
27. BoJack eats Wheat Lumps.
28. “The Beetles” broke up.
A Hard Shell’s Night is one of their worst albums.
29. BoJack and Sarah Lynn hit up the Santa Monica Pier for the gull wrestling.
Sarah Lynn (Kristen Schaal) is a terrible influence.
30. You can ride the merry-go-round with horses that have hands.
31. Sarah Lynn’s mother reads a magazine called Parenting?
32. Hipster lemurs bring ~party chains~ to the party.
Also 50-layer dip, which is not a bad idea.
33. Hipster lemurs bring a sex doll to the party.
34. Sextina Aquafina’s hit song is “My Clitoris Is Gynormous”
Awkwafina would be proud. Way to say “gynormous” instead of “ginormous” too, because everyone knows “gyn-” is a vag-ier prefix.
35. Design Within Reach gets a more appropriate name.
+ quail babies outside awwww.
36. Excess Hollywood is probably right.
Hosted by A Ryan Seacrest Type.
37. Sarah Lynn’s provocative music video was directed by D. LaChapelle.
38. There are crickets in the audience during BoJack’s standup set.
39. The moths are attracted to the floodlights. Moths love lights.
40. Zelda is frowning in the kids’ drawing on her sitcom, just like she always is in general on Mr. Peanutbutter’s House.
41. Strip club: GIRLS GIRLS GORILLAS.
Different strokes, man, and when I say strokes I mean the masturbatory kind.
42. They stock up on electronics at Beast Buy.
Surely you noticed this, but it bears repeating.
43. 8-Twelve has one-upped 7-Eleven.
44. This iguana’s name is Cecil.